On 18/12/2011 11:28 AM, Mark Abraham wrote:
On 18/12/2011 3:56 AM, balaji nagarajan wrote:

Dear Users !

I can print the values of the bonded and non bonded energy terms of the protein and the water ,

I have used the group option ,

I want to know the bonded contribution only from the protein ,
in case of the torsion energy term it is only for the protein ,

The bond distance and the bond angle , the contribution from the water is also there , so how one can get these
terms for protein alone .

You can't do this during the original simulation, but you can take a completed simulation and use tpbconv on the .tpr and trjconv on the trajectory file to extract the same subset of atoms from each. Now mdrun -rerun on those two partial files can give you the bonded energies of whatever interests you. Whether that bond energy means anything is another matter.

Of course, if you used a rigid water molecule for the simulation, then there are already no bonded contributions from water.

thanks in advance