On 12/26/2011 10:43 PM, Efrat Exlrod wrote:

Hi,

We have run an NPT equilibration on a protein embedded in a membrane and calculated the average pressure using g_energy. We then imported the resulting xvg file into excel and recalculated the average. The 2 numbers differed. Specifically, the gromacs average pressure was 0.942858 while that calculated by excel was -0.726106. Are g_energy calculations performed on a different set of numbers than the one printed by g_energy to the xvg file? If not, can anyone comment on a potential source for this difference?

See g_energy -h for why the values differ and http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Terminology/Pressure#Fluctuation for why they (can) vary so much.

believed to be clean.