On 2/01/2012 12:35 AM, Saba Ferdous wrote:

Dear Gromacs Experts,

I am having problem in execution of a command in Gromacs,

thats when i use dssp for secondary structure analysis.

it gives error:

Reading file md_0_10.tpr, VERSION 4.5.5 (single precision)
Reading file md_0_10.tpr, VERSION 4.5.5 (single precision)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
saba@linuxserver:~/complex/MD>

I used the command : ulimit -s unlimited
   ulimit -c unlimited
but no vain, the problem still persists,
Tell me how to fix it?????

Assuming other GROMACS tools work, you've done something wrong with the DSSP installation, but it's impossible for us to say what. Note that the version of DSSP released on the last year or two is unsuitable - get the old one.