On 23/02/2012 6:02 AM, ramesh cheerla wrote:
Dear gromacs users,

I am adding a new residue to the existing force field in gromacs for that i am using some new atom types i added these atom types to the atomtypes.atp file and ffnonbonded.itp and I am using Buckingham potential for the non-bonded interactions for that i have only A,B&C values, but in the [atomtype] directive of the ffnonbonded.itp file one has to specify the sigma and epsilon values. How can i get these values ? or can i specify these values as zeros ?

You will be able to use zeroes. You can verify that there's no effect by changing the values to ludicrous ones and observing that the simulation is the same.