On 28/03/2012 2:14 PM, Davide Mercadante wrote:
Thank you for the prompt reply.! Indeed, I am using Gromacs version 4.5.5 compiled in double-precision and I am running the analysis on a MacBook PRO.

I tried to open an issue at http://redmine/gromacs.org but it asks me for login name and passwd which I don't think I have as I never subscribed as developer. I may be wrong though..do I need to register?

Yes, just sign up. We need to be able to contact you to let you know the solution or get more information, so anonymous bug submission is not very useful.

I suppose that if this is not an explainable issue at the moment there is no solution to it?

The problem with plain segfaulting is that there's no way to tell what caused the problem. GROMACS tries hard not to do this, but clearly it's not perfect. There may be a code bug. There may be a way for you to use the code better. We just don't know yet. There's certainly room to improve the code.

Mark

Thank you again for the reply. It has been much appreciated.

Davide

From: Mark Abraham <mark.abra...@anu.edu.au <mailto:mark.abra...@anu.edu.au>> Reply-To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users@gromacs.org <mailto:gmx-users@gromacs.org>>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:29:40 +1100
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users@gromacs.org <mailto:gmx-users@gromacs.org>>
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] Segmentation Fault using g_cluster

On 28/03/2012 1:00 PM, Davide Mercadante wrote:
Dear Gromacs Users,

I am trying to run g_cluster to find an average structure for my system and after giving the following command line:

g_cluster_d -f allnj10_XM10.xtc -s EB_XM.gro -cl pdb_ligplot_XM.pdb -n --g

g_cluster started without problems and continued calculating the matrix etc...until I got this:

Last frame       5000 time 50000.004
Allocated 645448320 bytes for frames
Read 5001 frames from trajectory allnj10_XM10.xtc
Computing 5001x5001 RMS deviation matrix
# RMSD calculations left: 0

The RMSD ranges from 0.0816802 to 0.301369 nm
Average RMSD is 0.208468
Number of structures for matrix 5001
Energy of the matrix is 364.532 nm
WARNING: rmsd minimum 0 is below lowest rmsd value 0.0816802
Linking structures **************
Sorting and renumbering clusters

Found 1425 clusters

Writing middle structure for each cluster to pdb_ligplot_XM.pdb
Segmentation fault: 11

Can you please help me to understand where the problem comes from and how I can solve it?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think this should happen. You haven't stated your GROMACS version. If you can reproduce this with 4.5.5., please open an issue here http://redmine.gromacs.org/ and upload your files and instructions on how to reproduce the problem.

Mark
-- gmx-users mailing list gmx-users@gromacs.org <mailto:gmx-users@gromacs.org> http://lists.gromacs.org/mailman/listinfo/gmx-users Please search the archive at http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists/Search before posting! Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www interface or send it to gmx-users-requ...@gromacs.org <mailto:gmx-users-requ...@gromacs.org>. Can't post? Read http://www.gromacs.org/Support/Mailing_Lists