On 7/06/2012 4:33 AM, ramesh cheerla wrote:
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your reply, According to my understanding functional form of dihedral function type 9 is same as dihedral function type 1 i.e k(1 + cos(n (phi)- phis)) except the difference that function type 9 is used to handle the multiple potential functions to be applied to the single dihedreal, Is my understanding correct ?. The functional form that I am using Summn over 'n' 0.5*K [ ( Cos n(phi-phi0)] , Here 1<= n <= 3 is different from the k(1 + cos(n (phi)- phis)). I am suspecting can I use function type 9 for my function.
Can you please clarify my doubt.

I said last time you can use type 9. You can use high-school maths to express your equation in the form of a sum of multiple type 1, which is type 9. The additive constant only affects the total energy, which is never used for the simulation. The derivative of V is used, so the constant goes away.

Mark

Thank you in advance.