Dear Users:

I have a 500 ns trajectory of 65 GB that gives a floating point exception when
I run it through gmxcheck or trjcat (generated and analyzed with gromacs
4.5.5). Has anybody encountered this? I ran mdrun with -append so this is the
xtc resulting from months of simulation of a 1,000,000 atom system. If I run
trjconv -f md.xtc -b 200000, where the floating point exception occurred around
t=180000 ps in gmxcheck, then I can extract the readable frames and repair
around the damaged section. Still, I'd rather not lose any data and I had
thought that the new default -append option to mdrun checked for these types of
problems at runtime.

Thank you,
Chris.