On 6/12/12 7:59 AM, delara aghaie wrote:
Dear Gromacs users
Using bdp2gmx command to obtain topology and .gro file for 1AU1.pdb I get the
following error:
I should mention that I have selected OPLS force field.

1) how can I reach to the conclusion that special forcefield is better fo my
system?

The choice of the force field is motivated by weighing pros and cons of the parameter set, its inherent assumptions, and what has been demonstrated to be effective for similar systems.

2) This is the error:

Program pdb2gmx, VERSION 4.5.5
Source code file: pdb2gmx.c, line: 655

Fatal error:
Atom HB3 in residue ARG 71 was not found in rtp entry ARG with 24 atoms
while sorting atoms.

For a hydrogen, this can be a different protonation state, or it
might have had a different number in the PDB file and was rebuilt
(it might for instance have been H3, and we only expected H1 & H2).
Note that hydrogens might have been added to the entry for the N-terminus.
Remove this hydrogen or choose a different protonation state to solve it.
Option -ignh will ignore all hydrogens in the input.
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Read the error message.  It contains the exact instructions you need.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist