On 14/06/2012 4:57 PM, bharat gupta wrote:
I am not going to compare this with anything , I have to look for sequences and their corresponding energies and select the lowest scoring ones.

You can't compare total energies of different sequences and get a meaningful answer. What's the difference in energy between an apple and an orange mean? You can compare the average energy of an apple cut into pieces with the average energy of a whole apple, but that doesn't necessarily relate to the same quantity measured for an orange, either. There's a lot of work in measuring a decent *free* energy difference between some states.

I request you to kindly elaborate on freezing some portion of the protein. ( I am bit confused as in my case I am fixing the dihedral of turn residues which means constraining them simultaneously I want to freeze the other region of the protein. )

You need to read the link I gave last time and use "constraints" and "restraints" in the accepted GROMACS sense in order for people to be able to understand your meaning clearly. There are links there to the kind of methods that are available. I think you need to do some reading and thinking about those :-) If you lock down all the degrees of freedom then you can't measure anything relevant.

Mark