On 7/8/12 7:10 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:
Because I saw that residues defined in aminoacids.rtp file don't have H in
their carboxyl and atom N. So I decided to remove H !

Chemically, there is never an H atom on the C-terminal carbonyl of a group involved in a peptide bond. If you parameterized a molecule that was protonated in such a way, it will give an erroneous output. You can't just delete atoms, and shifting the charge by adding it back somewhere else is also very suspect, because you're changing the electronic nature of the compound.

I would say you need a better parameterization protocol using a more suitable model compound.

-Justin

Sincerely,
Shima

________________________________
From: francesco oteri <francesco.ot...@gmail.com>
To: Shima Arasteh <shima_arasteh2...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users@gromacs.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 8, 2012 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] define a new residue

Why have you removed the hydrogen?

2012/7/8 Shima Arasteh <shima_arasteh2...@yahoo.com>

Dear Francesco,
Thanks. Honestly I thought about this, but I don't know how much charges I need
to increase or decrease of other atoms?

Is it possible to add the FVAL with the H atom( which I removed before)? I mean
that I apply the complete formyl-valine and don't remove the H atom.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,
Shima