On 17/07/2012 4:16 PM, tarak karmakar wrote:
Dear All,

I want to opt for the rhombic dodecahedron box in my simulation of a
protein. I am using the following command to select the type of the
box
"editconf -f test.gro -o test_box.gro -c -d 1.2 -bt dodecahedron"
but after this if I'm seeing this protein system within the box in VMD
but its not showing that dodecahedron box, instead showing rectangular
one. I don't know whether I am giving the wrong command or it's coming
out from VMD software.
    So can anyone give suggestion regarding this problem so that I can
make myself confirmed by seeing the exact box, I need to have, prior
to the simulation.

This is normal (discussed often in the archives). The box is specified by its vectors, not by the atomic coordinates, and the triclinic box you can see with VMD is equivalent to what you chose (e.g. a 2D tiling with hexagons can be represented as a 2D tiling of rhombuses). You can see trjconv -h about -ur to change the coordinates for visualization purposes.