On 7/17/12 12:51 PM, Markus Kaukonen wrote:
Convert the .g96 file to .trr format.  Double precision may be necessary and
will certainly give the greatest possible accuracy.
-Justin
I try
trjconv -f gromacs.g96 -o test.trr
and get
Program trjconv, VERSION 4.5.5
Source code file: /build/buildd/gromacs-4.5.5/src/gmxlib/trxio.c, line: 693
Fatal error:
Reading trajectories in .g96 format is broken. Please use
a different file format.
Is there some other way to convert format (g96 -> trr)?

Not to my knowledge.  Among other things, that's what trjconv is designed for.

Or any other easy way to give accurate coordinates?

Not to my knowledge.

Or do I have a too old version of gromacs (4.5.5) ?

4.5.5 is the newest version, and the inability to read .g96 is still present in the latest development code. I suspect no one has had a need for .g96 format in quite some time, so it has been ignored. The issue will certainly remain unaddressed until you or someone else posts a feature request on redmine.gromacs.org. I don't know if it will be fixed before the 4.6 release (whenever that is) due to a feature freeze that has been in place for quite some time.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist