From: Mark Abraham <mark.abra...@anu.edu.au>
To: Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users@gromacs.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] box of simulation

On 14/08/2012 6:55 PM, mohammad agha wrote:
> Dear Mark,
>
> Thank you very much from your help.
>
> I used from genbox to place solvent molecules. my question is : In the NPT
> ensemble, for equilibrium, may the box become smaller than definite sizes
> before equilibrium(for example 2nm become smaller)

Yes, but that would normally indicate you should go back and fix some problem.

>   and if yes, why haven't been placed molecules in the box smaller before
>equilibrium initially and they need to more size and during equilibrium become
>smaller?

Depends. Maybe you changed the box size after generating solvent. Maybe you've
mismatched your files. Maybe you ordered genbox not to fill the box with
-maxsol. Maybe you didn't use a valid solvent box with genbox -cs. Maybe your
model physics is broken somehow (like missing parameters, or inappropriate
pressure coupling algorithm). Maybe you didn't read your output for warnings
and information well enough. There's probably other causes too.

Mark
-- gmx-users mailing list    gmx-users@gromacs.org
* Only plain text messages are allowed!
* Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the www interface
or send it to gmx-users-requ...@gromacs.org.