Alright, I understand now.

Many thanks for this!

Antoine

Le 29/08/2012 18:57, Mark Abraham a écrit :
On 30/08/2012 3:18 AM, Delmotte, Antoine wrote:
Many thanks for your quick response, Mark.

So epsilon_r is actually different from the actual relative permittivity (which would be like 80 for water), is that right?

You can have an atomistic solvent or a continuum solvent, but not both at once.

If so, how does one usually chooses this value of epsilon_r? Is the default value of 1 applicable for most cases (like for simulations in water), or should one obtain it from the literature somehow?

The force field defines it (normally to 1).

Mark

Thank you,

Antoine