On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Steinbrecher, Thomas (IPC)
<thomas.steinbrec...@kit.edu> wrote:
> However, when I make the following two changes in my input file:
>
> pull_start      = no
> pull_init1      = 1.95
>
> which should (?) amount to an equivalent setup, a very different trajectory
> results in which the COM distance quickly increases to 2.7 nm and then
> appears to be restrained there. (Visualization confirms, in the first case,
> the groups remain in their starting conformation, in the second one, they are
> pushed appart)

My guess is that you should use -1.95 as pull_init1 (mind the minus
sign) and that the COM distance you measure is actually close to 2.9
nm (which is 1.95*2). g_dist measures a distance which is always
non-negative, however pull_init1 is used as a reference position so
its sign depends on the geometry of pulling.

Cheers,
Bogdan