On 9/29/12 8:47 AM, James Starlight wrote:
Peter, Justin,

Thanks alot for the comments.

In the current work I do short simulation of the membrane receptors (
100 ns) started from different conformations of that proteins in the
common physical conditions and than do Essential Dynamics analysis of
the calculated trajectories and compare eigenvectors from both of
them. It's intresting to me might the different starting velosities
influence on the overal dynamics of the protein- i.e sampling of
different sub-states ( which would reflect on the eigenvectors from
that runs)

If different simulations do very different things, you can't conclude much. If there is overlap in the ensembles of independent simulations, then you can make better conclusions. The purpose of different starting velocities is to improve sampling, such that you can observe converged results across multiple simulations that come from "independent" starting points.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist