On 10/4/12 9:16 AM, rama david wrote:
Thank you  for reply,
  I read the recently published article in Biochemistry.
They worked on the same receptor that I am working.
( as I mention in my previous mail)
They used NAMD software and I am using gromacs.
They sliced the  receptor binding site and used the the solid support
to the binding site and did simulation.
                So if I freeze  the group is it will ok ??

I've already stated my opinion on this matter, so I won't state it again.

I will not try to pre-judge a study I have not read (regarding the solid support) but it seems to me that if you are analyzing the binding of a peptide to a protein, that is fairly straightforward MD without anything fancy.

Is it possible in gromacs to fix the residue on solid immobilized surface.
If it is how to do it??

Build a surface, create a merged moleculetype, and define bonds between protein atoms and surface atoms. This all sounds like a ridiculous amount of work.

my question is How to decide which group are remove and which group should
keep in simulation.????

IMHO, it's not worth doing in this way.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist