From: Justin Lemkul <jalem...@vt.edu>
To: mohammad agha <mra...@yahoo.com>; Discussion list for GROMACS users
<gmx-users@gromacs.org>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2012 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] about equilibrium

On 10/15/12 8:56 AM, mohammad agha wrote:

> Dear Gromacs Users,
>

> I have one system consists of: surfactant, solvent and additives. I made one
> box with only solvent and one box with only additives and equilibrated them
> little separable for better placing into the box, and then made one box with
> surfactant and then placed box of solvent and additives (that before I had
> equilibrated them separable) in the box of surfactant (by genbox) and
> equilibrated it totally.
>
> May I know that this work is correct or not, Please?

Maybe.  It's hard to tell.  Note that when you post the same thing four times
and do not get a reply, it's usually due to the fact that it's hard for us to
figure out what's going on.

I don't know what your goal is but your approach is a bit hard to comprehend as
written.  One can usually build a multi-component system rather easily with a
few invocations of genbox -ci -nmol, but then too, I don't know if you need
some particular configuration (surfactant micelles?) or if random positions
will suffice.  Prior equilibration of solvent is probably a good approach.

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist