Well either you use more replicas or you reduce the temperature range ...
There is no way around!

On Nov 19, 2012, at 5:54 PM, Kenny Bravo Rodriguez wrote:

Dear All,

i am trying to performed REMD simulations using Gromacs.
My question is concerning the temperature distribution and the number of replica. I need to run 24 replicas of my system with a temperature range of 290-400 K. How can I select the temperatures values for each replica? I tried the server http://folding.bmc.uu.se/remd/index.php but for my system it gives 50 replicas. If i try to take 24 evenly spaced values from the obtained list of temperature then
the replicas do not exchange at all.
I am using Gromacs 4.5.5 and my system has 6862 water molecules and 535 atoms for the solute.

Thanks in advanced
Kenny