On 12/4/12 4:15 PM, mohammad agha wrote:
Dear Justin,

Thank you very much from your response.
It means that this problem is not important. Should I use -reprod option in
running of md.mdp? I want to obtain micelles as monodisperse with identical
Nagg(aggregation number) in the one simulation, but distribution of sizes is
broad and it is opposite of experimental results.

The -reprod option only turns off various optimizations to help diagnose potential bugs. It is not relevant here. MD is chaotic; even the exact same .tpr file on the same hardware will not necessarily produce binary identical results. Hence the sampling issue.

Can you help me about this problem, Please?

I have no expertise in micelle simulations. In general, either longer simulations or several more simulations of intermediate length will give you better sampling from which you can gather more statistically reliable estimates of experimental observables.

Note that the quality of the topology will also dictate whether or not the results will reflect reality, so proper force field derivation and validation is necessary before any results are trustworthy.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist