Dear advanced gromac users,

I am trying to simulate a long linear chain of polymer using CG beads. (about
200 beads), all with same type charge interactions. (examples shown:) I read on
previous gromacs mailing list that linear systems with same charges make the
system unstable? But is there anyway to go around that?

[atoms]
1       P3      O1      mon     1       0.00
2       P3      O1      mon     2       0.00
3       P3      O1      mon     3       0.00
4       P3      O1      mon     4       0.00
5       P3      O1      mon     5       0.00
6       P3      O1      mon     6       0.00
7       P3      O1      mon     7       0.00
8       P3      O1      mon     8       0.00
9       P3      O1      mon     9       0.00
…….
[ bonds ]
1       2       1       0.43    17000
2       3       1       0.43    17000
3       4       1       0.43    17000
4       5       1       0.43    17000
……

However, when i do grompp -f vac_min.mdp -c mon.gro -p mon.top -o vac.tpr
-it returns the error of:
Fatal error:
The largest charge group contains 200 atoms. The maximum is 32.

Please let me know if there is a way to go around that. Thank you.

Xu Dong Huang
Chemical & Biochemical Engineering
Rutgers School of Engineering
xudo...@eden.rutgers.edu