On 1/17/13 1:19 AM, sarah k wrote:
Dear all,

1-   I’m trying to simulate a DNA-ligand complex. I have to use AMBER force
field for the DNA structure. I have used PRODRG to get the required files
and parameters of my ligand. PRODRG generates GROMOS based files.
Consequently, when I add the ligand to my ligand topology and coordinates
to DNA files, Gromacs can’t recognize some atom types in AMBER force field.
Can I expect such simulation to give reliable results? How can I solve the
problem?

No, the result would be nonsense even if you managed to hack the topology into working. Do not mix and match force fields. You will need to find a way to generate ligand parameters that are compatible with the AMBER force field you've chosen (acpype, antechamber, etc).

2-   I would like to save my final *.gro file during md simulation step
after each 0.5 ns. How can I do so?

The simplest way is to set an appropriate value of nstxtcout and use trjconv to extract the frames later.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist