On 1/17/13 9:51 AM, James Starlight wrote:
Bogdan,

It's not clear for me how I could change sigma with fixed epsilon in
case of using (A/R)^12-(A/R)^6 form of LJ. In that case sigma and
epsion depends both on A and B so changing A or B we will influence
both sigma and epsilon.

From manual section 5.3.2, equation 5.1 (also available on Wikipedia and wherever else you might Google):

C6 = 4 * epsilon * sigma^6
C12 = 4 * epsilon * sigma^12

It's therefore very easy to recalculate C6 and C12 simply by altering sigma, not that I advocate for doing so in a general sense. But that's how you'd do it.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist