On 5/18/13 10:02 AM, Shima Arasteh wrote:
Hi all,

I want to add CS ions to my system by genion but it seems impossible when go
through the EM.

The molecule section in my top file is:
Protein_chain_A     1
Protein_chain_B     1
POPC        238
SOL         20406
NA               681
CL               702
CS               19

The commands to neutralize and adding CsCl are as follow:

Adding ions:
#grompp -f ions.mdp -c system_solv.gro -p topol.top -o ions.tpr
#genion -s ions.tpr -o system_solv_ions.gro -p topol.top -conc 1 -neutral

Adding 19 pairs of CsCl:

#grompp -f ions.mdp -c system_solv_ions.gro -p topol.top -o ions_CsCl.tpr
#genion -s ions_CsCl.tpr -o system_solv_ions_CsCl.gro -p topol.top -pname CS
-np 19 -nname CL -nn 19

EM:

And fatal error as I get is:
#grompp -f minim.mdp -c system_solv_ions_CsCl.gro -p topol.top -o minim.tpr
Fatal error:
No such moleculetype CS

But I see the CS ion in residuetypes.dat which exist in my directory :

CS    Ion

So what's the reason? If it is related to the version of applied GROMACS? I am
working with 4.5.5 GROMACS and CHARMM 36 FF.

All that residuetypes.dat indicates is that Gromacs, in general, has the ability to understand that Cs are ions. That is not to say that every force field has parameters for Cs. That's your problem - the CHARMM force field you have doesn't include parameters for a moleculetype named "CS" (look at its ions.itp file), though CHARMM27 packaged with Gromacs does have these parameters.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist