On 6/13/13 12:37 AM, Revthi Sanker wrote:

Dear all,
I am using charmm27 forcefield in gromacs for performing all atom simulations (system comprising of
DOPC, cholesteryl ester and protein) .I got the itp file for dopc from the lipid book in which they
have mentioned #include "charmm27.ff/ffbonded.itp" and
"charmm27.ff/ffnonbonded.itp" to source to these for the parameters of each bond, angle
dihedral etc based on the atom types instead of mentioning explicitly each numerical value from the
gromacs directory.But it could not read the file and displayed:

Syntax error - File ffbonded.itp, line 2 Last line read: '[ atomtypes ]'
Invalid order for directive defaults

ffbonded.itp should not be defining atomtypes, thus the directive is out of order in some way.

  When I commented those lines and again ran grompp, it generated the following
error:
   No default Angle types
No default Ryckaert-Bell. types.

Kindly suggest me in this
  issue.

Something is badly wrong with the files you're using, but based on the limited information you have provided, there is nothing anyone can suggest but to refer to Chapter 5 of the manual for required topology hierarchy. Certain directives must precede others.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist