On 6/19/13 11:26 AM, Raji Viswanathan wrote:
I recently installed gromacs-4.5.5 and attempted to run the demo calculation.
I did not get new xterm windows opened and also get the following error:

Starting Trajectory viewer...
ngmx: Command not found.
[1] 23192
[1]    Exit 1                        ngmx -f cpeptide_md -s cpeptide_md

I would appreciate your help in solving this.

Apparently your computer does not have the X window libraries necessary to install ngmx, and thus it was skipped during installation.

Note that there are vastly better tutorials available for learning Gromacs. The demo doesn't teach much of anything, it just runs through some commands. It was for that reason that the demo was removed for version 4.6.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Research Scientist