On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM, Neha <nshafi...@wesleyan.edu> wrote:

> So I tried doing this and ran into another problem.
>
> I made two mdp files, one that stored data every ten steps and one every
> hundred steps
>
> I was thinking I would store data like this:
>
> 10
> 20
> 30
> .
> .
> .
> 100
> 200
> .
> .
> .
> 1000
>
> And then I would start another 'block' that would go
>
> 1010
> 1020
> .
> .
> .
> 1100
> 1200
> .
> .
> .
> 2000
>
> I am able to get one block of data stored the way I want. However when I
> use
> grompp to extend the simulation from that block using the mdp file that
> would store data every 10 time steps once again, I get a warning that the
> run will generate an obscene amount of data and that the simulation is
> running for infinite ps. I am not sure why that is happening and was
> wondering if anyone had any ideas as to how to fix it. Or better yet, if
> someone else has a way to do this kind of non-linear data storage that has
> not occurred to me yet.
>
> Let me know if you need anymore information, I understand that this might
> be
> confusing to follow.

Actual copied and pasted commands, along with full .mdp files (or links to
where they can be downloaded) would help a lot.  With what we have on hand,
all I could tell you is that something is wrong with your .mdp file(s).

-Justin

> Dallas Warren wrote
> > Easiest, naïve way that I can see is to do the simulation in blocks, and
> > change the output settings within the mdp file used as required for each
> > block.
> >
> > Catch ya,
> >
> > Dr. Dallas Warren
> > Drug Discovery Biology
> > Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Monash University
> > 381 Royal Parade, Parkville VIC 3052
>
> > dallas.warren@
>
> > +61 3 9903 9304
> > ---------------------------------
> > When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble
> > nail.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Associate

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences