From: Thomas Schlesier <schl...@uni-mainz.de>
To: gmx-users@gromacs.org
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 9:04 PM
Subject: [gmx-users] Re: Umbrella Sampling settings

In GROMACS groups are called via the *.ndx file (default: index.ndx)
Be aware that 'pull_dim' determines in which diretions (x,y,z) the
umbrella potential acts. So use N N Y , if you want that the ion can
move freely (onsidering the pull) in the xy-plane and Y Y Y if you want
to also restrit the movement in the xy-plane.

Am 12.07.2013 17:32, schrieb gmx-users-requ...@gromacs.org:
> Allright.
> As I said earlier, my system is a lipid bilayer. A channel is inserted in it
> and I want to run US on this system.
> An ion is considered in center of the each window, the reaction coordinate is
> set to z,? so the group which is pulled is an ion, and my ref group would be
> COM of the protein. But I don't know what statement is supposed to write in
> mdp settings exactly:
> ; Pull code
> pull??????????? = umbrella
> pull_geometry?? = position
> pull_dim??????? = N N Y
> pull_start????? = yes
> pull_ngroups??? = 1
> pull_group0???? = COM of protein
> pull_group1???? = ion
> pull_init1????? = 0
> pull_rate1????? = 0.0
> pull_k1???????? = 4000????? ; kJ mol^-1  nm^-2
> pull_nstxout??? = 1000????? ; every 2 ps
> pull_nstfout??? = 1000????? ; every 2 ps
>

> IN fact, to implement such settings, how I make the US understand to get the
> COM of protein as the ref group and the proposed ion as the pulled group?
>
> Would you please give me any suggestions?
>
> Thanks for all your time and consideration.
>
> Sincerely,
> Shima

* Please don't post (un)subscribe requests to the list. Use the