On 7/19/13 6:55 AM, bipin singh wrote:
Sorry for my silly mistake.

I have a doubt regarding the expected difference in total No. of H-bonds
calculated with whole a MD trajectory (protein+solvent box) and H-bonds
calculated with concatenated frames (only protein) from a MD trajectory.

  I mean, will the number of H-bonds present at a particular time in a MD
trajectory (protein+solvent), should be exactly same as number of H-bonds
calculated using trajectory made of concatenated frames (only protein) from
(if we look at number of H-bonds present at same point of time in both).

Because I am not getting the exact match between the two, there is random
difference of 1-3 H-bonds at some point of time.

I suspect that the issue stems from having to manually set the box. I don't understand why you would have to do this after running a simulation in explicit solvent. Did you just extract the protein coordinates from the explicit simulation? If so, I don't see how the box information would be omitted.

You can get spurious H-bonds across PBC if you are manually setting a bad box size in a given frame or series of frames. Without the exact sequence of commands from what you have done, it's pure guesswork.

-Justin