On 7/31/13 11:29 AM, chinnu657 wrote:
Hi Justin,
Oh, I see. I am going to paste my commands here.

  pdb2gmx -f 1AKI.pdb -o 1AKI_conf.gro -water spce
  pdb2gmx -f 2CDS.pdb -o 2CDS_conf.gro -water spce
  editconf -f 1AKI_conf.gro -o conf1.gro -center 2.5 0 0
  editconf -f 2CDS_conf.gro -o conf1.gro -center 7.5 0 0
  cat conf1.gro conf2.gro > system.gro
  genconf -f system.gro -o renumber.gro -renumber
  editconf -f renumber.gro -o newbox.gro -c -d 1.0 -bt dodecahedron
  genbox -cp newbox.gro -cs spc216.gro -p topol.top -o solvated.gro
  grompp -f ions.mdp -c solvtaed.gro -p topol.top -o ions.tpr

It is after this that I get the error

If you send me renumber.gro and both protein .itp files (off-list), I will have a look and try to figure out where the problem lies. In theory, the above commands should work, provided that the modifications following concatenation were correct, though if genconf didn't complain, whatever you did is probably fine, at least from a syntactical standpoint if not a topological one.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy