On 8/14/13 6:22 PM, Christopher Neale wrote:
What is the charmm36 protein force field? (can you provide a reference to what
you are referring to).

As far as I know, there is no such thing as "charmm36" proteins. There are
charmm27+cmap proteins
(implemented in gromacs already) and charmm36 lipids (implemented in gromacs
already).

CHARMM36 protein parameters do exist: dx.doi.org/10.1021/ct300400x. Whether or not they have been implemented in Gromacs, I do not know, but the modifications of the CHARMM27 files provided with Gromacs should be straightforward to carry out. For what it's worth, there is no such thing as a CHARMM27 protein force field, it's just CHARMM22+CMAP. The unfortunate naming of the distributed files has led to this misconception.

Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy