Hi!

I am currently using "mdrun -rerun" in order to get the energy of a system to be used in a Monte Carlo algortihm. A while ago, I was pointed to Grompy which should be capable of performing Monte Carlo using gromacs libraries (my description might not be very accurate here). I have downloaded grompy from git but I cannot find my way through (sorry, I'm rusty with python).

Is there a way how I can directly call the gromacs energy routine from python and/or TCL? "mdrun -rerun" works but it creates overhead because the conformation has to be written to disk, then read by mdrun which writes an energy file that needs to be read by g_energy. I would like to have a library that can be called from my TCL/python script.

I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks,

     Gianluca

PS: According to the roadmap MC should be available in version 5.0 but until it's released I need to find an alternative :)

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianl...@u.washington.edu
                    +1 (206) 685 4435
                    http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Research Scientist at the Department of Bioengineering
                    http://healthynaturalbaby.org