On 11/13/13 9:41 AM, Venkat Reddy wrote:
Dear Justin,
I have referred to an article (Vuorela T, Catte A, Niemela PS, Hall A,
Hyvonen MT, et al. (2010) Role of Lipids in Spheroidal High Density
Lipoproteins. PLoS Comput Biol 6(10): e1000964.
doi:10.1371/journal.pcbi.1000964), where the authors have clearly described
the fitting of 2D diffusion coefficient to the surface lipids (diffusion
along the lipid-water interface

Diffusion along a lipid-water interface is one thing. Trying to use g_msd do to it is another, because I don't think it will. It looks for a plane in the configuration and calculates relative to it. I suspect you will need to modify the code to implement a custom algorithm.

-Justin

) and 3D diffusion coefficient to the core lipids.