Quoting Cato Auestad <bleakgad...@fsfe.org>:

Hi,

While I was trying to install Texinfo on the YeeLoong with gNS metad I
came upon a package called texinfo-doc-nonfree. Is this supposed to be
in gNS-metad repo?

Yes. This doc is marked as nonfree by Debian developpers who consider it doesn't respect Debian Free Software Guidelines. For more details on this, see http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/DocRejectedByDebian.

This package and most of other GNU software documentation (binutils, GCC, etc) are part of Debian non-free section, and those will normally not be installable on a gNewSense metad system. I am working on this to make this documentation available for gNewSense.

Christophe