> Hi,
>
> I wonder if it would be better to use Mate Desktop instead of gnome 3 in
> next versions of gNewSense?
> Mate Desktop is not included in debian 7 but will be in debian 8, it is
> nevertheless easy to add it. The advantage for me is to keep the same user
> interface between versions, have a lightweight desktop, rhythm of slower
> development and have a free code easier to maintain.
>
> What do you think of this?

I like GNOME 3 very much. I've used it in 5-7 year old computers and it
works well, it is not slow at all. I think it is better than GNOME 2.

I think, however, that if we can use a stable desktop environment that runs
on more computers than GNOME 3, then we should use it as default. I don't
mind using Mate or Xfce.

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/