When I switched over to gNewSense from Ubuntu, I did fix this problem by the
first sugessted method. After an year or so, when I tried out taking printer
output now, I am noticing this problem.

What I mean is printing was possible in gNewSense earlier, with the same
community edition of Qcad.

Lot of updates/ software addition/ software deletion were made from
gNewSense repository in the past one year by me.  I have a doubt on QT
updates.

Ref this thread -
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/printing-from-qt-apps-using-cups-solved-363383/?highlight=no+printer+qcad

Karunakaran