Hi Marek,

Thanks for your inputs.
It has been a while since I got some time to work with my Lemote machine !!

To figure out if my modem was supported, I was going through the linux
libre kernel source maintained by FSF-LA. Looks like from kernel version
3.7 and later on there has been a support added for ZTE EVDO modem. In
/drivers/usb/serial/zte_ev.c, line number 285, { USB_DEVICE(0x19d2, 0xfffd)
}, /* MG880 */. This is the device which I am using as well. In the license
section, it is mentioned as MODULE_LICENSE("GPL v2");
So the support for this modem is available.

As suggested, I will try installing gNS with a wired connection.

I also have a few questions in mind regarding installation of gNS with a
different kernel version. I will post it under a different topic. And once
again thanks for the help offered !!

Thanks,
Somesh