Hello,

I'm just entering the world of Linux.  I've downloaded the FSF project's
version gNewSense and am stumped.  I tried the USB thing for Windows and
just like the doc says, "It does not work."

I have no idea how to begin from within GNU Linux, even though that is
second next starting point.  I've downloaded the ISO "CD" and the extractor
to be able to see it, but see nothing that is executable.

Actually, I have an old ACER 9" with XT on it and thought it fun to
experiment with Linux by putting it on that machine, as a first trial.  I'd
like to get off the Windows grid, but the change will be with constant
testing of the waters for suitable applications.

I'm certain starting up will all be clear soon.

Thanks.

Respectfully,

Claiborne Thornton
615 834-3529 Cell

*Industrial Environmental Consultants LLC*
Office 615.730.5059; Fax 615.691.7919
PO Box 40066  (37204)
2603 Fessey Park Road (37204)
Nashville, TN

"We have moved humility from the organ of our ambitions to the organ of our
convictions."  Os Guinness  *The Dust of Death*