It's a know "problem", newer roms support is not perfect. You can for
example play mslug5, but you'll have to find a compatible romset (a
decrypted one, I don't think the mame one can work). Actually, It's
often just a matter of finding the good romset, then the compatibility
is pretty high. For ex, some user report me than game like SVC Chaos:
SNK vs. Capcom, Strikers 1945 Plus, Matrimelee / Shin Goketsuji
Ichizoku, Metal Slug 5 and Rage of the Dragons (to name a few) do work
quite well. But you need sometimes some hacked/decrypted romset.
Sometimes, just modifying the romrc to mach the content of a roms zip can work.

On the segFault message error, it's a little bug on my side, it
shouldn't crash but should inform the user that the romset is not
supported.

On 4/21/06, Pau Ruiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I downloaded recently gngeo source and compiled it myself, but for (some)
> games released after 1999, if not most, give me a segmentation fault error.
>
> I use MAME sets that run perfectly with xmame (pity it runs at ~13 fps :p),
> WinKawaks 1.55, Nebula 2.25, and Final Burn Alpha 0.2.95.23.
>
> Roms affected include mslug3 roms, mslug4 roms, kof99 to 2001, nitd,
> matrimelee, garou, rotd... surprisingly samsho5sp and garoup aren't affected
>
> I'doubting whether  i have compiled it incorrectly, I have a bad romrc
> (which I don't know how put my ROMs information), or I have a  bat nogeo
> BIOS, even I have unpacked 3 versions of neogeo.zip in the ROM directory.
>

> I can also run kof2002, but I get a black screen and no sound.
Gngeo mailing list
To unsubscribe : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]