Sigh. I'm have the impression that there is no secure software out there. (And
if there was, it would be illegal!)

So far as I'm aware, all the other mailing list managers (and all the MTAs)
have security flaws too - as well as the internet in general. So I try to use
the lesser of the combined evils - at least to the extent that I can get some
work done.

Or are you just trying to fan the flames of the security vulnerability
thread? :-)