On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:15:57 -0400 (EDT)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  To put this in
> perspective, at the time the IBM-PC was introduced, 64 kilobytes was seen as
> a fairly good sized main memory for a home microcomputer.

My first computer came with 8 Kilobytes as standard and I bought it with a monnster
memory board which brought it up to 24 kilobytes.  Also had a single 5.25 floppy which
provided all of 80 kilobytes of disk storage.  OSI MF4P

Then the IBM PC came out.  I remember booting my first PC and looking with awe at 640K
memory showing during the boot sequence.

Ed Lawson