[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>   It will likely get worse in the future as things change again.
>
>   At some point, we want to have a single, unified mail archive, under our
> own control, on our own website, on our own server.  When that day comes,
> there will be much rejoicing.  Until then, I think we may just have to be
> dissatisfied.

Mailman includes pipermail for its archives, which builds them from plain
mbox-format mailboxes. When I built the current BLU server last year, we
also
had our mail archives all over the place, much of it existing only in my
personal archives at home.

As part of the server preparation, I tracked down most of them and
consolidated most of it into a single 7-year archive. A few of my
Jaz cartridges had gone bad, and I found myself missing messages in
two gaps, one spanning two months and the other spanning seven months,
but one of my members was able to fill in most of it.

Where are the new gnhlug lists hosted now? I take it they're not on a
server
controlled by the group?

ICQ 28611923 / AIM abreauj / JABBER [EMAIL PROTECTED] / YAHOO abreauj
Email [EMAIL PROTECTED] / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

   Some people say, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."
   I often respond, "When elephants fight, it's the grass
   that gets trampled."