On a couple of occasions, I've had CUPS give me -weird- output on the
printers whereas either dumping the raw file, or using LPRng (or the like)
worked fine.  I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that OO _is_
doing something "bad" with the PS, and CUPS isn't handling it very well.
Were I you, I'd try LPRng -- I've never had a glitch (though, I suppose,
its printer support may be less broad.  Dunno anymore, and don't really
care.  "It Just Works(tm)")

-Ken