On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, at 11:07am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm trying to interact with the user from an init script ...

  I've always just used the "read" built-in for this.

echo -n "What is your name? "
read FOO
echo "You're a real frood, $FOO.  You really know where your towel is."

> ... how to set stdin and stdout in a (bash) init script.

  I'm not sure what you mean by this...?

> Also tried to RTFM, but couldn't figure out which M to R. :)

  Some time spent with "man bash" was very productive for me, in terms of
shell scripting.  I can imagine it wouldn't be for everyone, though.  :)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>