On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 03:58:39PM -0400, Michael O'Donnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The problem is that SSH apparently fails to distinguish
> between SSH connecting TO a system versus THRU a system;
> when I switch (between saying
>
>    ssh         B           # Connecting  TO  system B
>
> ...and
>
>    ssh -p 6789 B           # Connecting THRU system B
>
> SSH seems not to be able to understand to difference;
> it complains to me thus:
>
>    Warning: the RSA host key for B differs
>    from the key for IP address '11.22.33.44'
>
> ...and then it goes on to describe the line in my
> known_hosts file that it's unhappy about.

man ssh:
  HostKeyAlias
       Specifies an alias that should be used instead of the real host name
       when looking up or saving the host key in the host key database files.
       This option is useful for tunneling ssh connections or if you have
       multiple servers running on a single host.

I anticipate that you would useing this in a "fake" Host section of
~/.ssh/config, and ssh to that "fake" hostname.

--
Bob Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>