On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 15:56, Paul Iadonisi wrote:

[snip]

> *shrug*
>
>   I guess I'll do a little googling around and see if I can come up with
> some kind of workaround.
gnhlug-discuss

  Well, I just found this very recent thread on this very problem:

http://lists.ximian.com/archives/public/evolution/2002-June/019095.html

  It appears that at least some of the evo developers have no intention
of implementing what almost every other (admittedly broken) mailer does:
inline pgp decoding.  It's not pretty, is against the rfcs, yada, yada,
yada, but it means that evo can't inter-operate with most mailers out
there with regards to encryption and signing.
  This is a classic case of what I ranted about recently regarding Gnome
2.0: coders more concerned about their own coding practices and
disregarding the end user.  I wish the world would follow standards.
But sometimes, you just have to deal with what's out there.  There is
some sign that some of the issues with evo and inline pgp/gpg may be
addressed (in the thread referenced above), but I'm not holding my
breath for complete inter-operability.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator