"Roger H. Goun" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> P.S.: I've been getting amazing results (~95% caught) with ESR's
> bogofilter version 0.8 <http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/bogofilter/> with
> the Robinson modification (-r) turned on. Anyone else tried it?

I've tried it (with the Robinson algorithm).  I don't think that my
percentage was quite that high, but I was pretty impressed.  I haven't
put it into production use yet because I've been pretty busy lately.

As for other spam handling tools, I continue to be impressed with
SpamCop (http://www.spamcop.net/).  I also use Emailias
(http://www.emailias.com) a lot  (run by a friend of mine).

I've also thought about deploying a system like ASK
(http://www.paganini.net/ask/) (or one of the other similar projects),
but I still have some reservations about it   (some part of me would
just prefer to help rid the world of spam (by complaining) rather than
constructing an ASK-like firewall around my email system.  But there
seems to be no shortage of spammers out there...

Regards,

--kevin
--
Kevin D. Clark / Cetacean Networks / Portsmouth, N.H. (USA)
cetaceannetworks.com!kclark (GnuPG ID: B280F24E)