On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, at 5:53pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> I note, for example, on my RHL 7.3 / kernel 2.4.18 system, that no
>> pre-compiled modules mentioning IPsec or PPTP exist.
>
>   Hrm, pretty sure at least the pptp module was in 2.4.15 and up, but I
> could be incorrect.

  Well, one way or the other, Red Hat didn't pre-compile them.  A quick
check of pristine Linux 2.4.18 sources found nothing matching the string
"pptp", and nothing relevant matching "ipsec".  Perhaps they are add-on
software outside the mainline kernel?  A lot of crypto stuff is still
excluded from the mainline kernel (mostly for historical (or hysterical)
reasons at this point).

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>