On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, at 9:21am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Until yesterday I got 5 hits when I searched for "gnhlug" in the list of
> lists at mail-archive.com:
>
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?hunt=gnhlug
>
> ...but today I see only 3.  Anybody know anything about that?

  I note that their FAQ says "Only the most recent 1000 messages are
available via date or thread indexes."  The list used to be hosted at (all
rise) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (be seated).  It switched to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sometime in Aug 2002.  I suspect the old
list has rolled out of the indexes.

  The <mail-archive.com> FAQ implies that the mail is still there,
somewhere, but it is not apparent how one *gets* to it.

> Is there a definitive GNHLUG archive?

  Technically speaking, there isn't even a definitive GNHLUG.  :-)

  I expect the answer is "No".  ZK3 never archived GNHLUG mail.
<archive@mail-archive.com> was added as a subscriber by a list member (I
forget who).  Various people have come forward with their own, personal
archives, and some of them were even regurgitated and fed into
<mail-archive.com> at one time, but that's about it.

> Is it at gnhlug.org?

  There is *an* archive at:

        http://mail.gnhlug.org/pipermail/gnhlug-discuss/

However, that only goes back to the birth of the current list.

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>