On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 12:25, Bob Bell wrote:
>     I was referring to Kevin, and the opinion expressed by what seemed
> like many list members that spaces have no place in filenames (there are
> EVIL, if I recall correctly).

I don't know that it's that spaces are considered *EVIL*, of and by
themself. However, spaces in filenames can lead to Bad Things(TM). They
tend to break a lot of scripts and cause many headaches.

In the case that started this thread, I wanted to take the spaces out of
filenames of mp3s because I have a system that builds a catalog and
streams the songs from a web server. Spaces break this particular
program.

C-Ya,
Kenny

"Tact is just *not* saying true stuff" -- Cordelia Chase

Kenneth E. Lussier
Sr. Systems Administrator
Zuken, USA
PGP KeyID CB254DD0